Wise Comic: Even their own prophets, (Titus 1:12)
- Comics often reflect basic wisdom, or lack of, knowledge in a land.
- They are today’s people prophets.
- Some wise, some not-so-wise. You be the judge.
- Naturally, this review reflects a commentary on the comic.
- All analysis is meant to be a positive reflection on the comic.
Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it.
For we also have had the gospel preached to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because those who heard did not combine it with faith. Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ” And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world.
For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “And on the seventh day God rested from all his work.” And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”
It still remains that some will enter that rest, and those who formerly had the gospel preached to them did not go in, because of their disobedience. (Hebrews 4:1-6)